Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Welome Back!


Welcome Back!!
Hello Parents of Brand New First Graders,
     The first week went so smooth! These boys and girls are ready to jump into our new program The Daily Five and our standard reading and writing program Writing to Read.  I have schedule Writing to Read each day from 1:30 to 2:30 except on Thursday's.  We will read and write on that day 9:30-10:30.  If you are volunteering I would love for you to begin this week.  Thank you so much.  Parent volunteers are the key to the program.  Homework will begin full time this week.  We will have homework 3-4 nights a week and it should take no longer than 20 minutes.  If your child is frustrated please stop and send it back with a note and I will be sure to set them back on track.  Homework will consist of math, reading vocabulary words and reading each week.  I will be getting to know your child a lot this trimester as we study All About Me and The Five Senses.  I can tell already they are full of fun personalities.  I am excited for a great year of learning and teaming.  If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me here at school and I will be sure to get back to you and work on making this the perfect fit and the best learning environment possible.   
Mrs. Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment